Start Date is not before End Date
Filter Events by
In this informal work session, the Job Seekers team will answer your compelling questions about interviews, professional dress, LinkedIn and any other subjects that are perplexing you as you journey through your job search. There will also be time for resume review and critique with team members.
In this informative presentation, franchise consultant and business expert Bill Powell of FranNet will answer attendees’ initial questions on business and franchising basics. Highlights include:
· Why consider business ownership? Advantages and disadvantages
· Determining your ideal business model: Build, buy or franchise
· Economic overview and business trends
· Much more than food: Myths of franchise ownership
· Funding options and building equity as an exit strategy
· How the SBDC, SBA and SCORE can help
Advance registration is required. Register by calling 937-496-8631 or register at Dayton.score.org.
Business and marketing professional Bill Powell will share practical advice based on 30+ years of sales/marketing communications and job search consulting.
· Knowing yourself and your brand
· Crafting/telling your story compellingly and to differentiate yourself
· Developing key tools
· Seeking review and advice
· Knowing when to communicate (and when to shut up)
· Rules … and exceptions
This session will help allow people in transition to see how job searching has changed over the years, especially with respect to resumes, LinkedIn, networking and transferable skills. The goal is to give participants a starting point for dealing with those changes. This will be an interactive session where the participants begin to build the elements of a Modern Day Job Search.